How do I apply for exemption from council tax as I am a student?

In order to qualify, a student must be:

Attending a university or college course which lasts for at least a year, takes at least 24 weeks a year and involves at least 21 hours of study per week during term time, or under the age of 20 and studying for more than 3 months and at least 12 hours per week for any qualification up to A level, ONC or OND standard. Evening classes or courses taken in connection with a person’s job, such as day release, are not included.

You can apply for a student discount or exemption online and upload your student certificate.  Please click  'Student Discount/Exemption' to make an application.